By Dylan Flint
website here Needless to say, pests and termites are two of the most troublesome obstacles to a healthy life. For centuries now, these have been causing much nuisance in both commercial and residential sectors of the society. There are no hard and fast rules as to completely eradicate them but over the years there have been some rapid developments. People have been made aware now that the only to combat these organisms is by the assistance of professionals. Continue reading
By Clarisse Anderson
chiamami incontri It is truly very exciting to be living in a newly built house which is beautifully and artistically built but as years go by, its beauty and integrity can deteriorate. There are pesky invaders that can invade it which destroys its integrity which are the minute termites. They can be very subtle in their ways of destroying a house that is why they can be taken for granted but as time pass by, the home or building owners get annoyed by them as they have created a massive destruction. Termite control is one pest control that should always be given regard by the homeowners. It should be a continuous effort. Nowadays, there are already several ways to control and eradicate termite infestation and among which are the physical, chemical and biological pest control as well as mechanical pest termite control techniques. Continue reading
By Sooraj Surendran
Every country worldwide has been fighting to control pests for ages. The term pest is usually referred to the harmful animals that are detrimental to human health or even the ecology. Pests can be even organisms, fungi, or weeds, etc.
Before we study the various means to control the pests, here are a few of pests that we have to fight with most commonly –
Caterpillar is a pest that causes damage to the crops. Termites are known to damage furniture, and structures. Ants, cockroaches’ wasps and flies are also pests. Can we forget mosquitoes and bed bugs? Rats, rodents and other mammals not just cause infections but are also carriers of diseases. Birds like pigeon, seagulls, and crows are regarded as pest when their population turns a nuisance, as they cause more damage than good.
Controlling pests has always been a part of human evolution, since a balance has to be maintained. In order to improve the agricultural output, one has to keep away the pests from the fields and protect the crops. It is generally seen, where there is human activity, and food flies and other insects gather. Public places where people throw or dispose waste it a common breeding ground for the pests.
There are various types and methods of pest controls used today some of them are –
- Electronic and
- Ultra sonic pest control devices
To control pest from being a frequent visitor or an inmate of your home, it is best to keep their source of survival and attraction away. Keep food closed, and close the trash. On a larger perspective, proper waste management and drainage system is important. The garbage is the breeding ground for mot of the pests. Rats, cockroaches, dogs, cats, mosquitoes are bound to be in your vicinity if the garbage is your neighborhood!
Today there are electronic and ultra sound devices that are used for home pest control. After using chemicals to control pest, today we have technology aided control methods. One has to understand, an electronic pest control system are not pest killers. These only drive away the pests and keep them away from your home.
These devices use the ultrasonic sound waves, UV rays, electromagnetic waves etc to keep the pests and flies away. Very commonly used in commercial places like restaurants, hotels, and food stalls, where these pests are easily attracted to, the electronic pest controllers are effective. Even birds and spiders or bats can be scared away by the device. There are electronic rodent pest controllers available too, that trap these rats and rodents.
Controlling pests is very important. Some of the common diseases transmitted to humans due to pests are Rat fever, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, Bird flu, Swine flue, Murine typhus, Leptospirosis and many more.
By Gerald F. McKidman
One of a homeowner’s worst nightmares is having any type of insect or rodent problem. Although most of these creatures are harmless, fire ants can be very dangerous to adults, children, and animals. When you see an insect problem in or around your home, it is always important to identify what type of insect it is in order to know how to best protect your home and control or eliminate the insect population. Here is a guide to identifying fire ants and tips on how to keep them out of your home and away from your family.
Information About Fire Ants
Fire ants are identified by their reddish brown to reddish black color and the stinger located on the backside of their bodies. These ants can range in size, from 1.6mm to 5mm. These insects typically nest in the ground, but the nests can become visible above ground and can hold colonies of up to 250,000 ants. These insects are very aggressive, known to be on the attack and sting or bite when they feel threatened. These ants are also omnivorous, meaning they will eat both animal and vegetable sources for food.
Although they are not native to North America, they have become a growing nuisance throughout the southern regions of the country. This species prefers warm, sunning weather conditions and will inhabit dry fields instead of shady wooded areas. These insects will thrive in underpopulated areas, can grow colonies of over several hundred thousand ants, and build mounds that can reach over 60cm wide and up to 18cm high. While the colony may be large, each group is controlled by a single queen.
Signs of Infestation and Preventive Measures
There are several signs that may indicate an infestation. First, the appearance of sandy mounds throughout the property can indicate a colony has taken root; these are most easily visible after rainfall. Another important indicator is the appearance of the worker ants or complaints of bites from an unknown source. While infestations are serious and should be handled by a professional exterminator, preventive measures can be taken.
The best prevention method for an insect infestation is to contact pest control professionals to do an inspection of the home and property as well as setting up a preventative maintenance program that is performed on a regular basis. As for home remedies, orange oil and boric acid have been reported to work well for warding off these insects. Additionally, make sure to keep your home and yard free of attractants for the ants, such as spilled liquids, open food containers, and stagnant water.
By Paul T. McCoy
Pest control in commercial warehouses is a big challenge for most pest control companies. Various types of pests, animals and insects can plague your warehouse. Commercial warehouse clients know how valuable it is to treat warehouses and facilities effectively. Food stocks and other perishable items add to the difficulty of treating warehouses. There are 6 steps in protecting your storage and making sure that your warehouse is free from pest infestations.
- Assessment. This is the initial step to create an effective pest control program. Assessing warehouses is a complicated job. Special concentration is given to entry points, food sources, water sources, shelter areas, and employee and customers corners. They will also assess all areas in the warehouse like cafeterias, pantry, janitorial closets, storage room, utility room, comfort rooms, and shipping and receiving area.
- Examine building design. After the thorough assessment and identifying existing and possible problem areas, the next thing to do is find out the building’s customer and employee traffic which is the total number of individuals going in and out of the building every day. Inspect entry areas such as pedestrian doors, electrical conduits, overhead doors, water sources, and exterior perimeters including dumpster areas, fence lines, storage buildings, etc.
- Pest ID. Each type of pest has a different treatment technique depending on the reaction of the pests to each treatment. Pest management professionals usually gather information from employees to get precise information about the pests to avoid further infestations and monitor current problems.
- Customized programs. Each warehouse is different from the other warehouses, thus, each warehouse requires a different pest control program from the other. Some factors to consider are location, age of building, weather, size of the warehouse and many other factors. To develop the best pest management program that will fir the requirements of your warehouse, professionals will inspect and break down facilities and will talk to employees.
- Sanitation. The bottom line in every pest control and maintenance is sanitation. The success of any pest control program and maintaining pest free warehouse will depend on the sanitation in your warehouse. Pest controllers will make use of service record logs, application records, sighting logs, and sanitation report for the program to be effective. You will be able to prevent health risks, financial and legal problems connected with pests’ invasion.
Integrated Pest Management Techniques
Integrated pest management is a pest control technique that uses inspection, records, sanitation, elimination, traps, pest monitors, and chemicals if necessary. Combining these techniques will provide a program that will eliminate pests. The approach used in controlling pests centers to sanitation and prevention. It will also teach your employees on right practices and correct strategies on pest control. IPM method diminishes the use of dangerous chemicals and other harmful materials. Other services that are offered may include:
- Caulking lines and pipes
- Using rodent and insect traps
- Installing or modifying insect traps
- Making changes in structure
- Documenting insect sightings
- Maintain records and reports for clients and officials
- Commitment to safety. Be certain that safety is necessary to IPM as much as it is necessary to warehouse industry.
The program’s key benefits may include the following:
- 24-hr service. Services are available anytime you need them. They have flexible schedules and plans based on warehouse needs.
- Best quality. Quality level is monitored consistently and surpasses standards set by state and licensing bureau. They provide personalized sanitation and documents together with log books. Their technicians are licensed who passed thorough background investigation.
- Clear communication. IPM provides the best results. Their log books give access to pertinent data, proposed guidelines, and reports which are needed during inspection, safety and review check.
- Professional entomologist. You will be able to hire pests and insect experts that are knowledgeable in what they are doing.
Types of warehouses that pest control services can help includes:
- Data warehouse
- Food warehouse
- Dry goods warehouse
- Importers warehouse
- Exporter warehouse
- Wholesalers warehouse
- Transport business
- Customs warehouse
- Automated warehouse
- Refrigerated warehouse
- Manufacturing warehouse
- Third party logistics warehouse
- Cold storage warehouse
- Drug warehousing
- Moving and storage companies
- Medical warehouse